Tax Rebates are claimable by most foreigners who work in the UK for a portion of the year. They are taxed on a wrong tax code. Also, those who are working under the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) and have earnings less than the tax thresholds are entitled to the tax claim.

We will need all your P45's, P60's, or CIS vouchers covering your periods of work. If you do not have these documents, a statement of earnings and deductions from your employers will suffice. Details of any other income will also be required.

The Tax Rebate usually takes between 2-12 weeks. In some cases, without explanation, Inland Revenue may take even longer than this.